December 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA -
Arden Theatre Company will extend the run of Peter Pan
through Sunday, January 31, 2010 due to popular demand. This brand-new adaptation of J.M. Barrie's classic tale celebrates the wonder of storytelling and the power of make-believe. Recommended for families with children ages five and older, every performance includes a post-show question and answer session with the cast, an opportunity to meet the cast in the lobby after the performance, and a free commemorative show poster for all kids while supplies last. This production is sponsored by PECO.
The additional week of performances are as follows:
Tuesday, January 26 at 10am
Wednesday, January 27 at 10am
Thursday, January 28 at 10am
Friday, January 29 at 10am
Friday, January 29 at 7pm - special Target 2 for 1 performance
Saturday, January 30 at 12pm and 4pm
Sunday, January 31 at 12pm and 4pm
A full performance calendar is available online at www.ardentheatre.org/calendar
Critics and families alike are raving about the magical journey to Neverland:
becomes a fantasy that's tantalizingly within reach. If I ever happen on my children in the garage, cobbling together makeshift characters out of gardening tools, I'll know exactly which design team to thank."-Philadelphia Inquirer
"A beautiful set leads to impeccable staging. We found Peter Pan
to be a wonderful few hours of merriment, fantasy, and mayhem. There was flying, crowing, fighting, and pretty much everything else fun you could want or need."-Phillyist
"The Arden's reinvention of Barrie's classic tale reignited a tiny flame of innocence, and reconstructed, if only for a short time, a moment in the child's life where imagination reigned supreme and the pretense of what is or isn't cool mattered not."-Out With the Kids
Upcoming special events related to the Arden's production of Peter Pan include:
- Young Friends of the Arden - Sunday, January 10 at 4pm - Professionals in their 20s and 30s are invited to bring a child in their life to a special performance of Peter Pan. For $40, one kid and one adult can enjoy the performance along with a pre-show party with kid-friendly snacks and crafts. Information and tickets are available by calling 215-922-8900 x43
- ASL Performance - Saturday, January 16 at 12pm - Hands Up Productions, an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting service exclusively for the arts, will shadow interpret Peter Pan.
- Peter Pan Acting Class - Monday, January 18 from 12:30-3pm - Added due to popular demand, this one-day acting workshop is taught by Chris Bresky, the actor who plays Peter Pan, and includes a backstage tour of the set. For kids in grades K-5. Tuition is $40 per student.
- Family Salon - Saturday, January 23 from 2-3pm - An exclusive backstage event where adults and children learn about the behind the scenes magic of how Arden shows are produced. Go on an all access tour of the Arden, explore the set, meet your favorite actors, and learn how we create special effects. This family fun filled day is best enjoyed after seeing the production. Refreshments will be served. Tickets are $25 per family and can be purchased by calling the box office at 215.922.1122
- Fun Usher Program - All performances - To further enhance the performance experience, kids ages 7 and older are invited to join the Family Usher Network (FUN) with their adult chaperones. FUN gives kids a behind-the-scenes peek at how plays are created, instills the value of community involvement and teaches valuable social skills. FUN ushers receive an exclusive backstage tour, hand out programs, tear tickets, seat patrons and help straighten up the theatre after the show. For information call the box office at 215.922.1122.
Ticket prices are $16-$32, with discounts for kids, teens and seniors. Groups of 20+ enjoy significant discounts; please inquire about group rates. Subscriptions are available for Arden Children's Theatre, which includes tickets to both Peter Pan
and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
, for $26-$50. Call the Arden Box Office at 215.922.1122, order online at www.ardentheatre.org
, or visit the box office.
The Arden is proud to continue its Target 2 for 1 Family Series
, a ticket discount program generously sponsored by Target. This program offers two tickets for the price of one during selected performances of Peter Pan
. Please refer to the show calendars at www.ardentheatre.org
for the designated performances. There is a limit of four discounted orders (8 tickets) per transaction, available while supplies last.
The Arden is fully wheelchair accessible and provides assisted listening devices and large-print programs at every performance. Reservations are required for accessible seating and may be made by calling the Arden Box Office at 215.922.1122.
Arden Theatre Company also offers Arden Drama School, a wide array of classes and day camps for elementary through high school aged children. Winter semester starts in January. Details can be found on the company's kid-friendly website: www.ardendramaschool.com
A brand-new version of J.M. Barrie's classic tale
Adapted for the Stage by Douglas Irvine
From the books by J.M. Barrie
Directed by David O'Connor
Arden Children's Theatre presents a brand-new version of Peter Pan
that celebrates the wonder of storytelling and the power of make-believe Recommended for families with children ages five and older.
Arden Theatre Company
F. Otto Haas Stage
40 N. 2nd Street, Old City Philadelphia 19106
Call the Box Office at 215.922.1122 or visit www.ardentheatre.org
Weekday Performances (Tuesday - Friday, including Friday nights)
Adults: $30; Teens (13-17 yrs): $20; Kids (12 yrs and under): $16
Weekend Performances (Saturdays and Sundays)
Adults: $32; Teens (13-17 yrs): $22; Kids (12 yrs and under): $18
Groups discounts for 20 or more tickets. Weekdays: $12/ticket; Weekends $16/ticket
Arden Children's Theatre subscriptions are available for $26 - $40, which includes tickets to both Peter Pan
and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Chris Bresky (resident of Brooklyn, NY) - Peter Pan
Frank X (resident of Philadelphia, PA) - Hook
Jacqueline Real (resident of Philadelphia, PA) - Wendy
Bi Jean Ngo (resident of Philadelphia, PA) - Tiger Lily / Bill Jukes / Nibs / Jane / Twins / Tinkerbell
Sarah Sanford (resident of Philadelphia, PA) - Starkey / Tootles / Mrs. Darling / Twins
David Sweeney (resident of Philadelphia, PA) - Smee / Slightly / Michael
David O'Connor - Director
Tom Gleeson - Set Designer
Richard St. Clair - Costume Designer
Matt Frey - Lighting Designer
Daniel Kluger - Sound Designer and Composer
Morgan FitzPatrick Andrews - Puppet Designer
Stephanie Cook - Stage Manager
Sarah Ollove - Assistant Director
Arden Theatre Company is located at 40 N. 2nd Street in the heart of historic Old City, Philadelphia