Arden Professional Apprentice (APA) Program
The application deadline for the 2016/17 APA class has passed.
for our new Summer Apprenticeship
"This might be a fundamental building block in helping a whole new generation of theatre artists and practitioners start and seed their own companies."
Ben Cameron, former Executive Director, Theatre Communications Group
(l-r): Jefferson Haynes (APA Class 10), Julianne Brienza (APA Class 8), Dominic Chacon (APA Class 10), Producing Artistic Director Terry Nolen, Davina Stewart (APA Class 9), Geoffrey Kershner (APA Class 8), Komal Kapoor (APA Class 10), and Jennifer Gonsalves (APA Class 7). Photo: Alan Kolc
Arden Theatre Company is now accepting applications for the Summer 2016 Fred Stein Summer Apprenticeship for Aspiring Arts Managers. This apprenticeship is made possible by a gift from the Catherine R. & Anthony A. Clifton Foundation.
The Fred Stein Summer Apprenticeship for Aspiring Arts Managers program takes place during the summer and provides one summer apprentice with a comprehensive knowledge of the inner workings of a nonprofit regional theatre. Patterned after our season-long Arden Professional Apprentice (APA) program, this summer apprentice will gather experience in every area of theatre operations including front of house, box office, marketing, development, artistic, education, production, stage management, finance, and general management.
This program is a full-time-plus commitment running from late June through August, for a total of 10 weeks. Housing and transportation are the apprentice's responsibility. Preferred applicants are college graduates however current college students are encouraged to apply. No apprentice will receive college credit for their summer work, as this is a compensated position. Applications accepted through June 1st. Please use the same application process as our season-long APA program, linked from this page.
The program offers a salary of $400 per week, workers comp, complimentary tickets to Arden Theatre Company productions, and the opportunity to meet and network with members of the Philadelphia community.
Please complete this online application process. KEEP IN MIND YOU MUST BE READY TO ATTACH THE FOLLOWING ONCE YOU HAVE STARTED THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Cover letter discussing your specific areas of interest and stating why you would like to become an Arden Apprentice
- Resume including three academic or professional references including names, titles, phone numbers and email addresses. (These should be additional references, not from people who write your recommendations.)
- Essay detailing your Five Year Plan
- And 2 letters of recommendation, preferably one from a professor and one from an employer. Non-theatre references are perfectly acceptable. Letters should be on official letterhead with contact information and a signature.
- We understand that you may not have both letters of recommendation yet and that many institutions have strict policy regarding who may receive this information. If the letters of recommendation must follow the rest of your information, they may be submitted via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 215-922-7011
Arden Theatre Company
c/o APA Coordinator
40 N. 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Please, remember that we cannot process your application until all
materials have been received.
You will be notified via email that your application has been received. All applications must be received by June 1, 2016 to be considered for this opportunity.
Arden Theatre Company is an EOE/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.